Fog Deployment Issues

richpoor

Fog Deployment Issues

Post by richpoor » 03 May 2013, 21:10

I'm having issues deploying images to new blank hard drives. I am able to create images without any trouble, and when I attempt to deploy them on a new hard drive, I get the following error briefly on the screen, and then the system reboots and thinks the deployment is complete:

ntfs-3g: No mountpoint is specified

At this point, it skips copying the partitions and reboots the machine thinking it completed successfully.

Now, if I were to manually create a partition on the drive, and then try to deploy the image it will work fine. So, it looks like the partitions are not being created automatically during the deployment stage, but I have no idea how to fix this.

Any suggestions?

RaveMaker

Re: Fog Deployment Issues

Post by RaveMaker » 07 May 2013, 05:43

I'm sorry but this looks like an issue with FOG.
Try and post the question in their forum.

http://fogproject.org/forum/

richpoor

Post by richpoor » 08 May 2013, 20:30

Thanks, I've posted there and may have resolved my issue by changing the Host OS to Vista instead of Windows 7, even though I am using Windows 7 images.

I'm wondering if it is a kernel issue, and suspect one of the newer kernels may have fixed this issue.

I'm curious, are the Fog kernels that ERPXE uses custom made for the ERPXE environment, or should we be able to upgrade to the official kernels as they come out?

I have tried to use the official latest kernels, but on my configuration I appear to get some kind of kernel panic error and it doesn't boot.

RaveMaker

Post by RaveMaker » 09 May 2013, 15:12

The FOG kernel is the original FOG kernel.
We didn't need to change the kernel for it to work with ERPXE.
You can upgrade the FOG kernel without any issue from ERPXE.